Monday, April 16, 2012

Wizard World Toronto Comic Con 2012

This weekend was the Wizard World Comic Con, held for the first time at the Toronto Convention Centre North Building. The last couple of years this event has been held at the Direct Energy Centre and I think moving it to the Convention Centre was a good idea as it's a bit more assessable. Wizard World is smaller Con that the famed Fan Expo, but the organizers so far have done a great job growing this event and it's been getting bigger and bigger each year. However, I believe this year was the exception. The crowd was noticeably smaller this time round, also instead of a three day event, they cut to two day, I'm not a big fan of that decision.
Wizard World had some decent actors at the this year. The line-up included Jeri Ryan, Paul Wesley, Scott Bakula, Dean Stockwell plus a few other I didn't recognize. Over-all though, I think they definitely need to add more personalities and the ones they do have should have spent more time signing. I saw Scott Bakula all of two minutes all weekend, not sure were he was.
Some great costumes this weekend, I love seeing all the sights, each year more and more people show up and this show aint just for geeks anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment